Gangtok, the “Lofty Hill” or the “Hill made flat to build the Gangtok monastery in 1716”. Gangtok is a city, which, till one sees it, one would believe exists only in picture-story books. In the mystery-laden mists prayer flags whip in the breeze; wheels spin in the hands of Lamas mumbling invocations to God, in the distance are the snows, on the streets amidst brightly painted pagoda roofed houses, lined with friendly smiling people are silver, silk and spice and jewellery to gladden an maiden’s heart, from across the seven seas are gadget and goods to delight the collector of “imported goods’, while directly overlooking the city is the hill Lukshyma, the ‘Mother of Pearl’ citadel of the magic mountain, Khang-Chen-Dzod-Nga.
Child Cost(5-11 yrs)
|Standard||₹ 12,275/-||₹ 10,260/-||₹ 3,615/-|
|Comfort||₹ 13,732/-||₹ 11,717/-||₹ 6,895/-|
|Deluxe||₹ 15,553/-||₹ 13,539/-||₹ 6,895/-|
*All prices mentioned are ‘Per Person’
|* The above package price is as on date of booking. However, in case of increase in input costs such as railway fare or any other expenses beyond the control of Aswal Airways, the guests are liable to pay the additional amount before commencement of journey.|
**After booking please contact Aswal Airways Kolkata office **
Day 1(Mon):Sealdah Staion – NJP Railway Station – Gangtok
Departure from Sealdah Railway Station by Train No-12343 (Darjeeling Mail) at 22.05 hrs. Overnight in train.
Day 2:NJP Railway Station – Gangtok Meet & Greet on arrival at NJP Railway station & transfer to Gangtok (130 kms/ 4 hrs) by car. Check-in to the hotel at Gangtok. Evening free for leisure for personal activities or to take a walk to Mall road – the Mall Road of Gangtok is the centre of all activity. The road is lined with tiles & granite with potted plants and water fountains and brilliantly illuminated lamps on wrought lamp posts. Dinner and over night stay at the hotel in Gangtok.
Day 3:Gangtok sightseeing
After breakfast at 08.30 AM Gangtok local sightseeing covering Ranka Monastery, Enchey Monastery (The Enchey Monastery was established in 1909 above Gangtok, It belongs to the Nyingma order of Vajrayana Buddhism.), Bhanjhakri Falls’ is an energy park as well as a shamatic theme park, Flower show, Directorate of Handicraft and Handloom. Evening free for marketing, dinner and overnight stay at the hotel in Gangtok.
Day 4:Gangtok – Sightseeing to Tsomgo Lake & Baba Harbhajan Singh Memorial (About 52 km/ hrs)
Start for a half day trip of Tsomgo Lake (12,400 ft.) & Baba Harbhajan Singh Memorial (13200 ft) 52 kms from Gangtok city. Tsomgo Lake freezes completely during the winter and is much revered by the locals. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel in Gangtok.
Day 5:Gangtok – NJP Railway Station (130 kms/ 4 hrs)
Morning free for packing & personal activities. Check out from hotel at Gangtok in time and transfer to NJP railway station to board train 12344 Darjeeling Mail for departure at 20:00 hrs for your onward journey.
Day 6:Sealdah Railway Station
Arrival Sealdah station at 06:00 hrs in the morning. Tour ends with sweet memories.
- Train journey by 3A (Comfort)
- 03 Nights Non A/C Accommodation in Gangtok.
- Road transport by Non A/C Indica Car sharing basis in Standard Category for the entire tour.
- All transfers and sightseeing by NON AC vehicle as per itinerary.
- Meals Included- Breakfast and Dinner (MAP Plan).
- Any entry fees, portage at hotels, tips, insurance, mineral water, telephone charges, laundry and all items of personal nature.
- Gangtok bus stand to hotel.
- Any Still/ Video Camera fees, and other activities suggested in the itinerary are chargeable direct.
- Ant additional meals / en route meals, sightseeing and activities other than those mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any cost arising due Force Major clause (landslides, strikes, natural calamities, political disturbance, etc).
- Any service not specified in inclusions.
04 seats in 3A
12343 Darjeeling Mail, from Sealdah Departure at 22:05 hrs,
to New Jalpaiguri Arrival at 08:00 hrs.
12344 Darjeeling Mail from New Jalpaiguri, Departure at 20:00 hrs
to Sealdah, Arrival at 06:00 hrs.
Frequency/Tour Dates:Every Monday up to June’2014 from Sealdah railway station.
| Gangtok|| Standard||THE ROYAL RESIDENCY/ HOTEL TIBET GALLERY/ SIMILAR|
| Gangtok|| Comfort||HOTEL GAJRAJ/ GOLDEN HEIGHTS/ SIMILAR|
| Gangtok|| Deluxe||HOTEL TAMARIND/ MOUNT SINIOLCHU/ TARA PALACE/ SIMILAR|
- Above rates are subject to availability.
- Cancellation charges as per company policy.
- Room categories in all packages are the base category rooms unless stated otherwise.
- Final confirmation in the proposed hotels is subject to the availability at the time of booking, else similar category hotel will be provided.
- Management is not liable in the event of any unforeseen event directly interfering with operation, such as War insurrection, restraint imposed by the Government, act of Legislature or other authority, explosion, accident, strike, riot, lock out, act of public enemy, acts of God & sabotage during the tour period.